Total No. of Vacancies – 219
Post Name – Assistant Sub-Inspector (Steno)
Age Limit – Between 18 to 25 years
Educational Qualification – Candidates have passed Intermediate or equivalent.
Selection Process – The recruitment process will consist of Physical Standard Test (PST) and Documentation, Written Examination, Skill Test and Medical Examination.
Chest (For male candidates only)
- With minimum 05 Cms expansion
Proportionate/Corresponding to height and age as per medical standards (For males and females). Over/under weight will be disqualification at the stage of medical examination only.
- Medical procedure will be conducted as per guidelines lay down in MHA UO No.A.VI.1/2014-Rectt(SSB) dated 20/05/2015 and any other instructions issued by GOI from time to time.
Between 18 to 25 years. (The crucial date for determining the age will be 25/04/2017, which is the closing date of application. Candidate should not have been born earlier than 26/04/1992 and not later than 25/04/1999 ).
CRPF ASI Steno Recruitment 2017 – Selection Process
The recruitment process shall be as under :-
- Physical Standard Test (PST)/Documentation
- Written examination – 16/07/2017 (SUNDAY)
The date of written exam is fixed and final. However the date can be changed due to unavoidable administrative constraints. Candidates are advised to regularly visitwebsite www.crpfindia.com & www.crpf.nic.in for latest updation about examination schedule and for conducting exam. The uploading of admit card will be done accordingly.
- (Skill test ( i.e. Stenography/short hand test)
Dictation : 10 minutes @ 80 words per minute
Transcription time : 50 minutes in English or 65 minutes in Hindi on computer.
Note:- Mode/Procedure/Method for conducting skill test will be decided by the department.
- Medical examination and Review Medical Examination
- Mode of selection/drawal of final merit list
- The candidate will be allowed to appear in next phase of recruitment subject to qualify/ pass the first/previous phase of recruitment process.
- The Schedule of recruitment for each event of recruitment is tentative.
- The tentative schedule of phase wise recruitment process shall be uploaded in CRPF website. Candidates are advised to visit CRPF website (www.crpfindia.com) and (www.crpf.nic.in ) to know the exact schedule.
CRPF ASI Steno Recruitment Examination Details
Physical standard Test (PST)
The candidates will be screened for height, chest and weight by the Board of Officers. The candidates who meet the requirements of physical standard will be allowed to participate in the documentation. The candidates who do not fulfill the laid down physical standards will be eliminated from recruitment process by giving rejection slip, thereof, by Presiding Officer.
Following Original testimonial/documents of the candidates during PST will be scrutinized. Candidates who fail to produce requisite original testimonials/ certificates will be eliminated from the recruitment process and no candidates will be allowed provisionally.
- Education certificate of 10th Class/Matriculation from the board or university recognized by Central or State Government, for recognition of his DOB.
- Education certificate regarding passing of Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent issued by a board or university recognized by Central or State Government.
- Caste certificate, issued by the Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tahsildar, if the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC.
- If candidate apply in reserved category (SC/ST/OBC), but failed to produce valid caste certificate at the time of documentation, his/her candidature will be cancelled forthright.
- Candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Gorkha Territorial Administration(GTA) requesting for relaxation in height and chest should produce certificate.
- Discharge certificate in case of Ex-servicemen candidates.
- No Objection Certificate in case of persons serving in Govt./Semi-Govt. departments from their Heads of Office.
- Four passport size recent photographs of the candidates.
- In addition to the original certificates, the candidates will also bring Xerox/photocopy of educational, caste etc.
- Certificate from District Magistrate for claiming relaxation in age.
The candidates who qualify in PST & Documentation will appear in written examination and informed in writing on the day of PST & Documentation. Admit card to the candidates, who qualify PST & Documentation will be uploaded in the website i.e. www.crpfindia.com by mentioning date & venue on which they are required to appear for written examination. Qualified candidates may download their call letter/admit card through said website i.e. www.crpf.india.com. The written examination will be as under :
- The written examination will be conducted on OMR basis at designated centre’s.
- The written examination will be of one paper only carrying 225 marks consisting of following two parts.
Section-A = Hindi Language Or English Language (Optional)
Section-B = General Intelligence.
Section-C = Numerical Aptitude.
Section-D = Clerical Aptitude
Note- Section B, C, D of Part-I will be set as bilingual. Paper -II descriptive will also be set as bilingual
Essay Writing ( 15 marks)
Content – 05 marks
Coherence/Relevancy- 05 marks
Accuracy – 05 marks
Letter writing (10 marks)
Format- 03 marks
Content- 04 marks
Accuracy- 03 marks
- The candidates, who qualify written examination stage, will be called to appear for the Skill test. The candidate should bring call letter & photo-bearing identity proof alongwith them to prove their identity.
- They will be tested in stenography/short hand test as mentioned in Para-4 (Skill Test) above. Skill test will be of qualifying nature and no marks will be awarded for skill test.
- The transcription of shorthand notes will have to be done on computers and keyboards provided by the Department and in no case use of other typing mode shall be allowed.
- The dictation will have to be noted/taken by the candidates in shorthand strokes and same will also be evaluated. Noting/taking of dictation in long hand (i.e. other than standard shorthand strokes) will not be accepted and such candidates will be declared failed in skill test even if they transcribe correctly in given time.
- No request for re-test of skill test will be accepted /entertained.
- Beyond 40 mistakes, which is 5% of 800 words in 10 minutes dictation @ 80 words per minute, the candidate will be declared “Failed”.
Skill test qualified candidates only will be required to appear for Medical Examination. The details/list of candidates qualified in skill test and selected for detailed medical examination will be uploaded in website i.e www.crpfindia.com. Candidates selected for detailed medical examination may download their call letters/admit card through said website i.e. www.crpfindia.com. In addition, the list of candidates called for medical examination and date/venue of their medical examination will also be displayed at the recruitment centers and available in CRPF website (www.crpf.nic.in) after reasonable time from the date of completion of skill test. The visual standards for the candidates will be as under :